With the emphasis that our children are children first, before their visual disability, AAPVI provides a forum for sharing information, access to experts in the vision field and acts as a support group for our families.
Quarterly meetings are held by AAPVI. Visit our calendar page for the meeting schedule. Meetings include a social, a recreational and an educational component. AAPVI encourages attendance by all family members, including siblings and grandparents.
- Help when you need it, immediately after your child is diagnosed, and beyond.
- Connection to other families who have children with vision loss.
- Practical suggestions to help you enhance your child's development and daily living skills.
- Details on your child's educational choices and rights.
- Gulf Shores parenting weekend (needs based scholarships are available)
- Children's Harbor weekend family camp experience
- Beeping Easter Egg hunt
- Fishing rodeo
- Holiday party
Get Involved with AAPVI
If you are a parent of a child with a visual impairment and would like to join an awesome support group to make friends, build relationships for you and your child, we would love for you to consider joining us. If you would like to volunteer or contribute in any way to this organization, please contact Sherry Scelsi, President, at 205.492.2059.